Designed for Art Conservation
The ARTIST has been developed exclusively for the art conservation field.
All of the up-to-date imaging techniques used by conservators for scientific analysis of artworks, such as infrared reflection, false colour infrared, colourimetry, fluorescence and ultraviolet reflection, are improved and integrated into one portable device with advanced documentation and processing capabilities.
Combining megapixel resolution imaging and machine-vision techniques, the ARTIST is the state of the art in the non-destructive analysis and documentation of artworks, providing substantial benefits over conventional imaging systems.
The ARTIST is a fully digital multispectral system. The digital images have a very high quality.
Portability & Simple Operation
The ARTIST is connected to a laptop computer for increased portability.
The robust carrying case conforms to standard airline hand luggage dimensions. The system is operational within minutes by simply inserting the data cable and power cable into the camera and computer.
Built-in features such as digital zoom and displaying up to four images next to each other help the user to compare images recorded in the various imaging modes.
2 and 5 Megapixel multispectral imaging system
- reveal and study underdrawings
- visualize composition and condition
- study applied artistic techniques
- distinguish previous restorations
- analyse colour and pigments
- Sensor: CCD progressive scan image sensor
- Pixels: 1600 x 1200
- Signal transfer : IEEE 1394 “Firewire”interface standard
- Cable length : 4.5 m (15 feet)
- Lenses: C-mount wide angle lens 23 mm F/1.4
- C-mount zoom lens 18-108 mm F/2.5
- Dimensions: 20 x 22 x 12,5 cm (7.9” x 8.7” x 5”)
- Weight: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Power requirements: 100 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 15W
- Imaging modes: RGB colour Black and white luminance Ultraviolet reflection Ultraviolet fluorescence Near infrared 1 Near infrared 2 False colour infrared 1False colour infrared 2